Please join us on October 20th to help clean up and get the pool ready for the winter.
Please join us on October 20th to help clean up and get the pool ready for the winter.
Since we did not have many RSVP that they were coming to the End of Summer Bash we decided to cancel the party. We will, however, have an open meeting at 1:00 that day. Any member is welcome to attend.
Also, since the weather forecast is not looking great, we’ve decided to go ahead and close the pool for the season. Sunday September 30, 2018 will be the last day to swim.
We hope you all had a wonderful summer and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Bring your dog to swim!
This event is open to members and nonmembers. We’ve had our fun, now it’s time for the doggies to have theirs. Bring your dog to Robindale Woods Pool for a dogs only swim day (no people in the pool). Cost is $5 per dog. You must provide proof of vaccinations. Dogs can not be in season or be aggressive. Light concessions may be available for purchase.
What: Doggy Dip Day
Date: October 6th
Time: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Cost $5 per dog; plus cash for light concessions
Registration Required: Please register by emailing us at email@example.com . Please provide your name and how many dogs you will be bringing with you. Reminder; $5 per dog and all dogs must have proof of vaccination.
Robindale Woods Pool Members Only Party:
We’re having an end of summer bash to celebrate the pools 55th anniversary and to get together with members one last time before the pool closes for the 2018 season.
What: End of Summer Bash!
Date: September 30th
Time: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Notes: You may purchase a lunch combo for $5 (hot dog, chips, dessert, drink). This will go towards our pool resurfacing funds. You may also make an additional contribution by clicking here…Robindale Pool GoFundMe
RSVP: Reply to the email if you received it or email us a firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how many lunch plates you plan to purchase.
We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you at the pool!
The slide has a few cracks and has been out of order as a safety precaution until we could come up with a plan. The cracks have been sealed with Flex Tape as a temporary fix . We are still looking into a permanent solution. In the meantime, we want to make sure our kiddos are able to enjoy it, but ask that you please use your own judgement. Adults and teenagers are not permitted to use the slide. Children should never bounce or play on the slide. Never allow more than one child on the slide at a time.
Hi Robindalewoods familes!
Thanks all for making 2017 an awesome year at Robindalewoods Pool.
We’ve been debating this and watching usage and as there have been fewer people using the pool of late and the weather hasn’t been cooperating, we decided to close the pool this Sunday. Come out this weekend and get one last swim in for 2017!
We’ll be publicizing dates for a work day to help close the pool soon. Please make plans to stop by and help clean up and ready the pool for the winter.
Hello Robindalewoods families.
We wanted to post a quick note to let you know that we have a couple of tasks that need to be done this week that aren’t very hard but can help us out considerably.
LeAnne, our President, has just purchased a brand new brush for the pool. If you find the time and can help for a few minutes please use this to gently brush the sides of the pool. If everyone could take a few minutes to do this whenever you are there, it would help us in keeping the pool nice and clean. The brush extends to 15 foot long and is very easy to use.
Also, we need to have someone come and try to remove the vines from the fence.
As always we appreciate your help and thank you for your support!
Hello, Robindale friends! I hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July! We continue to have support from many of you in helping to maintain our pool, and we THANK YOU for it. Recently, I was surprised by a member who had purchased brand new skimmer baskets. The member was standing in the rain changing out the baskets himself when he was caught doing such a good deed. And, many, many thanks to the member who resurfaced our concrete in front of the steps! We are so appreciative to see many of you take such pride in Robindale.
As a FYI, today, I received disappointing news that a shaft seal to our pump has broken. It is going to cost approximately $800-$1000 to be fixed. The part itself is not very expensive but the pump has to be taken apart, and is very difficult to work with. However, this does begin to explain why our water continues to run low. I am sure you have noticed that we are constantly having to put fresh water into the pool. Hopefully the cost to have it fixed will balance out with the additional water cost.
We are needing some additional assistance with other tasks. If anyone could help with any of the following items, please let me know.
1) Our slide continues to be a problem. When the water is turned on full blast, the water sprays is many different directions. This is a waste of water and causes buildup on the concrete deck. If the water is turned down low, it will spray more evenly onto the slide. However, at the top sprayer, the water runs backwards and drips down the steps onto the deck. If anyone can please look at the slide and see if you can help, that would be greatly appreciated.
2) As my husband has been maintaining the lawn, he has not had time to maintain the weed-eating around the parking lot. If anyone could spend some time on cutting back the growth surrounding our parking lot, that would help to be able to see where the parking lot stops and starts. We are very blessed to have such a large parking lot but it needs to be maintained around the edges.
3) If anyone has any railroad ties they would like to donate, we could use them to help better mark the edges of our parking lot.
4) Because we have a large property, and parking lot, there are times we receive unwanted visitors. We need to put a couple more signs up in our parking lot to note that it is, “Private Property – No Trespassing”. However, there is really no where to hang them. If anyone has any suggestions, such as maybe a couple of sawhorses with signs attached, please advise. The signs themselves are not expensive. It’s just finding a place to hang them. If you do come across someone that is hanging out in the parking lot, please feel free to call 911. Our property is private and as paying members, you have rights.
5) Lastly, please know we are working hard to maintain the quality of our pool water. We are very aware that the floor and sides of the pool do not look well. The pool desperately needs to be painted. We are hoping and planning to have the pool painted before next season. We are looking for someone with experience in painting pools. We would like to receive at least 5 estimates. If anyone would like to assist us in this planning stage, please contact a board member.
Last night was the last board meeting for 2016. It was also the last board meeting for our president, Alex Neubert, and our treasurer, Alicia Neubert. We’d like to thank them for their years of service on the board and for all the hard work they did over the years.
Steve Raycraft graciously volunteered to take up the treasurer position and has begun work with Alicia on the transition. We are still looking for a president I need to have someone in that role by December. If you’re interested in serving, Please contact the pool. You can message us on Facebook or email joinus@Robindalewoods.com.
2017 is right around the corner and your board is very excited. Memberships are available now and make great Christmas presents.
Have an awesome off-season and we’ll see you at the pool next year.
Hi Robindale Woods Families!
We wanted to let everyone know that beginning this week we have started our 1/2 price sale! If you have any family or friends that are interested in joining us at the pool let them know that they can now join for $150.00 from now until we close sometime after Labor Day! Spread the word!
We will be having our Pool Board Meeting Wednesday July 27th at 6:30 pm at the pool. We ask all of you to try to attend. We have had a couple questions about the Treasurer and President positions coming open, but no volunteers yet. This would be a great opportunity to ask questions or provide comments and input to the Board Members. If you want to know more about the positions coming open this is also an opportunity to have a more detailed explanation of duties. Please remember this is your pool also. It takes all of us working together to continue to make this pool a success!
Last, we only have a couple Sundays available for private parties, so if you are interested please let us know.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Robindale Woods Pool Board